Monday, July 25, 2011

Edenderry Open

Snatch: 50kg, 55kg (f x 2)
Clean and Jerk: 65kg, 70kg (f), 70kg

I definitely didn't have as good a day as at the Seniors back in May and I was disappointed in my lifting; I was expecting a lot more. The usual cliches apply here about how it can't always go right and there's always next time. The fact that I can't pinpoint one exact reason for being off form is niggling at me too but I'm determined to keep training hard and make up for this little blip.

I took 1st place anyway and overall, it was a good day. It's always fun chatting to other weightlifters and meeting new faces and the competition atmosphere on it's own is just great craic.

I don't think I really need to change much in my training, I reckon I'm pretty much on the right track with it.

Below is a video of some of my lifts. Hopefully next competition will go a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment