Thursday, February 24, 2011

How to be awesome like me... or crazy!

1: Cook twice as much as you need to eat for one meal
What a car crash of a week! In a desperate attempt to gain meaningful employment, I have started yet another course in biochemistry. To cover my bases, I also started a pool lifeguard course and I had my final personal trainer exam. As if juggling three courses in one week wasn't enough, I also have my own oly training, coaching, chinchilla breeding, and work. Phew! If that didn't send me screaming for the drink or an ice-cream covered pizza, nothing will. Through the past few weeks I've kept healthy eating as my priority. This isn't always the easiest thing to do. The unexpected can always be expected to happen and I'm not the best at dealing with changing plans. I get grumpy when things don't go as I'd envisaged. However, no matter what life's been throwing at me lately, I've found it so much easier to deal with it knowing that I always have a lunchbox of yummy, nutritious food to hand. Somehow, nothing seems as bad when my tummy is taken care of. Cooking my food in advance has been the single best habit I've formed over the last few weeks. If you haven't tried it, get yourself a lunchbox and when you're cooking dinner, make a little extra for lunch the next day. Put some imagination and effort in, and a bit of Frank's Red Hot Sauce (The second best discovery of the last few weeks!).

2: Eat vegetables
Vegetables are disgusting. Anyone who disagrees is a liar or completely insane. Do not trust these people! Having said that, I'd definitely condone the use of vegetables at every meal but it's like mobility work. Eating veg and stretching and rolling all have to be done with a grumpy scrunched up face, so everyone knows that you're doing it because you have to and absolutely not because you want to. Both activities are crap and rubbish and 100% necessary. Frank's Red Hot Sauce can help here too. 

I wish I was on commission. 

3: Wear pink legwarmers.

4: Click here to DONATE NOW PLEASE!, all donations gratefully accepted. A reminder that all donations received through this website will automatically enter a draw for a portrait of you or a loved one, thanks to the wonderful and talented Daire Lynch (click this to see his art!). 

3 comments:

  1. haha glad to see you've discovered cooking!! I'm intrigyed about Frank's Red hot sauce though...never heard of it (shock horror!!!) buy it/make it?

    Lovin the pink leg warmers too - I agree - an absolute necessity - wonder if they'd make any difference to my lifts!! might have to give it a go!
    Hope the fundraising is goin well!

    Oh and by the by....I LIKE VEGETABLES!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055855145

    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055728985

    I feel the same way about this sauce as the people posting these threads. Get yourself to a Dunnes or Eurospar asap. I think some Superquinns stock it but I haven't seen it in Tesco or supervalue at all. You will find yourself clearing a press out to make space for extra stock of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can add a touch of tabasco to the franks sauce, then if you marinaade chicken wings in this and fry em or baked em, magic ensues....
    .

    ReplyDelete