Thursday, January 13, 2011

Beerlin

Berlin was great fun. I was not as disciplined as I'd hoped but I would be very respectful to any human that could stay strong when faced with such awesome bratwurst and saurkraut! Back on track now anyway.

So I've been asked to be a bit more specific with how I'm going about my task of losing fat and gaining muscle. What I've been doing nutritionwise so far is mainly eating only meat, fruit, veg and nuts.

A typical day would look a little like this:
Breakfast: 2/3 eggs fried in butter (depending on how hungry I am or if I'm going training), small bit of fruit
Lunch: small plate of stir fry
Dinner: Big plate of stir fry or just some steak and veg
Supper: small plate of whatever's leftover from dinner
I usually have a small piece of fruit before training and a protein shake and a couple of nuts after.
As I go on, I'm going to eat more veg and less fruit. When I was switching from eating all the mince pies in the world to eating like this, I found I needed alot more water and I made sure I got more sleep.

Today looked like this:
Breakfast: 3 eggs fried in butter, small bit of pineapple
Lunch: chicken fillet, last of the pineapple
Pre workout madarin, post workout 1/2 protein shake and apple
Dinner: chicken fillet and lots of green beans with garlic and soy sauce
Supper will probably be a fried egg or 1/2 chicken fillet

Workouts today:
swim 500m,
chinups: 4 x 3,
Weightlifting training of clean and jerks, hang snatches and squats up to 90%

So it's day 10 today and apart from the Berlin blip, things have been going well. I'm not feeling I'm missing out on any foods and I've plenty of energy for training. I've found that doing planks everyday has been a bit hard on my back (and boring as hell) so I'm switching them up with rocking hollows and rollouts (video in a later blog). Weight has come down a little and I've lost 1.5- 2 cm from waist, hips and thighs. Proper weigh in and progress check on Sunday night/ Monday morning.
 

Thanks for the donations so far. Website for donations is http://www.mycharity.ie/event/projectabz/

No comments:

Post a Comment