Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 2: Sugar cravings but no intention of caving

DAY TWO, THREE AND FOUR


Burpees and planks: check
Swim test: check (500m in 17:25)
Grace test: mmmm... sort of... (28 reps in 5:01 at 40kg)
Decent food: check
Adequate sleep: not so much...


Day 2 dawned bright and I was feeling good about my plan. However, sometime around midday Tuesday, while heading to the swimming pool, my body copped that I was trying to restrict sugar and it threw a massive hissy fit. The rest of Day 2 was spent in a haze of knackered awfulness. I'd to really struggle to make myself do the swim at all. Thankfully I had a friend with me who really knows how to encourage and motivate and I got it done.


Day 3 wasn't much better than day 2. I managed to do my burpees and struggled to do my weight training but no way could I make it to the pool! I felt like I was hungover and had a cold at the same time. I think alot of this was due to the fact that I had managed to get to bed around 11pm but woke up after a couple of hours and couldn't get back to sleep.

Day 4 started better, I still wasn't feeling 100% but I spent the day shopping then went weight training. Didn't go great, didn't go awfully. I tested "Grace" (usually 30 clean and jerks for time at 40kg, see video link below) at the end of the session and there's definitely room to improve. Unfortunately, I lost count and my spotter reckoned I was at 8 when I was at 6 so I only did 28 reps (oops!) But I'll make sure the test at the end is the full 30 reps and I'll make sure it's damn faster than the 28!



There's a snatch fail just before the Grace test because my cameraman is a comedian.


Off to Berlin now. The plan is to enjoy myself a little but not go bonkers. I'll keep a stringent food log so I don't embarrass myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment